Skip to main content

Title 1 LAP

Title I/LAP

Our Title I and LAP programs are designed to provide support to students who struggle in mathematics and/or reading. In the Title I/LAP section, you'll find information about:

  • Parent and Family Engagement
  • Parent's Right To Know about Professional Qualifications and Citizen Complaint Procedures
  • OSPI Report Card Data
  • Contact Information

If you have questions about Title I/LAP programs in University Place School District please contact Angie Franklin (Director of Teaching and Learning) via phone at (253) 566-5600 ext. 3330 or email

You can also learn more about Title I and LAP by visiting OSPI's website.


OSPI Report Card
Specific information on the performance of schools, the district, and demographic subgroups can be seen by clicking the following link: OSPI Washington State Report Card.

NAEP data (National Assessment of Educational Programs) can be found by clicking the following link: NAEP Data (National Assessment of Educational Progress).

Information regarding student demographics, academic performance of each demographic group, the percentage of students tested by school and demographic group, comparisons with state performance in each area, expenditures per pupil, a concise budget report, and graduation and dropout statistics can be seen on the district website and by visiting the Washington State Report Card on the OSPI website.

District Parent Involvement Policy

The University Place School District Title I, Part A Parent Involvement Policy can be found on the district website. To find this policy:

1. Click on "About UPSD".

2. Click "District Operating Policies".

3. Click "4130 Title I Parent Involvement" to find the district Parent Involvement Policy or "4130P Title I Parent Involvement - Procedure" to find the Parent Involvement Procedure.

Both the policy and procedure can also be accessed by clicking the following link: Title I Parent Involvement Policy and Procedure.

Professional Qualifications:

At any time parents may ask about the professional qualifications their child's teacher, including the following:

  • whether the teacher met state qualifications and certification requirements for the grade level and the subject he/she is teaching;
  • whether the teacher is teaching under an emergency certificate or other provisional status through which Washington qualifications or certifications have been waived;
  • and what undergraduate or graduate degrees the teacher holds, including graduate certificates and additional degrees, and major(s) or area(s) of concentration. 

If you have questions about the professional qualifications of your child's teacher, please contact your child's principal.

Citizen Complaint Procedures:

A citizen complaint is a written statement that alleges a violation of a federal rule, law, regulation or state regulation that applies to a federal program.  To learn more about this process, you can find information on the OSPI website by clicking the following link: Citizen Complaint Procedures.  You can also request information about this process from the UPSD Educational Service Center.

Private Schools

If you have questions about equitable services with private schools, please contact Angie Franklin (Director of Teaching and Learning) via email ( or phone (253-566-5600 ext. 3330).