Skip to main content

Choice Transfers

Residents leaving UPSD

For UPSD resident students wishing to attend school in another district, please compelte the following steps:

  1. Submit an online Choice Transfer Release by clicking this link: OSPI Choice Transfer. This is the State’s system for tracking choice transfers. We will forward it to your requested district within 48 hours.
  2. Contact your desired school district to find out if there are other requirements to attend as a non-resident student.


For non-resident students wishing to attend a UPSD school, please click this link Non-Resident / Out of District for detailed information and forms.


OSPI’s Student Transfer’s website and Learning by Choice guide