Skip to main content

Special Education Records


To request Special Education records from/send to UPSD Contact: 

Phone: (253) 566-5645 (ask for Ashley Sliva, Records Secretary) 

Fax:(253) 566-5720


***Contact your student’s building for General Education Records***

NOTE: UPSD uses the IEPOnline platform. If you are an IOL district, please request records through the IDT process as well.

Notice of Destruction for Inactive Records

University Place School District maintains students' Special Education records for at least 6 years after the student has exited or withdrawn from UPSD Special Services.  Under State and Federal law, after 6 years, the records are no longer required to be retained by the district. Please note, that these records may be needed by the student or guardian for social security benefits or other purposes. At the conclusion of the 6 year period, a notice will be sent to the last known address of the parent/legal guardian or adult student informing them of the imminent destruction of records. This is in accordance with Washington State Administrative Code (WAC 392-172A-05235), Federal Regulation 34 CFR 300.624, and FERPA.

Guardians or adult students may contact the Special Services office to request these records before they are destroyed. Photo Identification will be required when picking up a copy of the student’s records.  At this time, the district does not provide these documents electronically. If you would like to obtain files from the 2017/2018 school year before destruction, you must contact University Place School District- Special Services before August 31, 2024.