1. Registration - Registration for new students who do not currently attend UPSD is completed through the online student registration portal. Registration for the 2023-2024 school year begins February 27, 2023. If you live within the UPSD boundaries, click here to register. If you live outside the UPSD boundaries and would like to apply for registration, please go to number 6 on this page for instructions and forms. Once you receive your letter of acceptance, then return here and register through the link above.
2. Preschool Forms - Applications for the 2023-2024 school year will be collected beginning March 29, 2023 at the District Office.
Click here to download the application: 2023-24 Preschool Peer Model Application. (This is a fillable form. For best results, save it to your computer before completing.)
If you would like to apply for a reduced tuition rate, please submit the Application for Fee Adjustment with your Preschool Application. (This is a fillable form. For best results, save to your computer before completing.)
3. Choice Out Transfer Release Request - For students wishing to withdraw from University Place School District and attend school in another school district, please submit an online Choice Transfer Release by clicking here.
If you live in another district and wish to apply to attend UPSD, click here to submit an online Choice Transfer Release from your resident school district. Be sure to print your confirmation email to submit with your Non-Resident Application (see item 6 below).
For more information about enrollment options, here's the link to Learning by Choice from the State Superintendent of Public Instruction.
4. In District Transfer Form - New UPSD families who wish to attend a school other than their home school must complete the form below and submit it to their home school. Registration must be complete and all necessary documents submitted before the transfer request will be processed.
Current UPSD families that wish to renew their In District Transfer must resubmit the form each year to the school they are currently attending.
5. Living with Others - What are the application requirements for Living with Other?- Before enrollment in a UPSD school, and every school year thereafter, the parent and or legal guardian and the sponsor (the UPSD resident) must complete a form and sign an affidavit in the presence of the principal, or designee, of the appropriate-level school within the sponsor's attendance area.
6. Out of District / Non-Resident Forms - If you live outside the UPSD boundaries and would like to request approval from UPSD Educational Services Center (ESC) to register your child, please complete the forms below and submit to ESC. Be sure to complete the Choice Transfer Release from the district you live in as shown above in item 3.
Out of district requests for current students (Renewals) will be collected beginning on February 27, 2023. New applications for grades K-12 will be collected beginning on March 28, 2023.