Parent's Right To Know

Professional Qualifications:

At any time parents may ask about the professional qualifications their child's teacher, including the following:

  • whether the teacher met state qualifications and certification requirements for the grade level and the subject he/she is teaching;
  • whether the teacher is teaching under an emergency certificate or other provisional status through which Washington qualifications or certifications have been waived;
  • and what undergraduate or graduate degrees the teacher holds, including graduate certificates and additional degrees, and major(s) or area(s) of concentration. 

If you have questions about the professional qualifications of your child's teacher, please contact your child's principal.

Citizen Complaint Procedures:

A citizen complaint is a written statement that alleges a violation of a federal rule, law, regulation or state regulation that applies to a federal program.  To learn more about this process, you can find information on the OSPI website by clicking the following link: Citizen Complaint Procedures.  You can also request information about this process from the UPSD Educational Service Center.