To request special education records from/send to UPSD

To Request or Send Special Education Records

Phone: (253) 566-5645

Fax:(253) 566-5720

Email:  [email protected]

*NOTE: UPSD uses the IEPOnline platform. If you are an IOL district, please request records through the IDT process as well.

Notice of Destruction for Inactive Records

University Place School District maintains students' special education records for at least 6 years after the student has left the Special Services Education Program. Once the 6 years is up, the records are no longer required to be retained under state or federal law. Please note, that these records may be needed by the student or guardian for social security benefits or other purposes. At the conclusion of the 6 year period, a notice will be sent to the last known address of the parent/legal guardian or adult student informing them of the imminent destruction of records. This is in accordance with Washington State Administrative Code (WAC 392-172A-05235), Federal Regulation 34 CFR 300.624, and FERPA.
Guardians or adult students may contact our office to request these records before they are destroyed. Photo Identification will be required.
If you would like to obtain a files from the 2015/2016 school year before destruction, you must contact University Place School District- Special Services before August 31, 2022.